The Baker will craft bread dough, cookie dough, cake dough, and raw pumpkin pie, then bake these in a furnace to create bread, cookies, cakes, and pumpkin pies. They will only do this upon request, whether from the Cook, the postbox, or as a minimum stock in the Warehouse.
The Baker can also craft some non-vanilla breads:
- Sweet bread, made from wheat and a honey bottle. Available at Bakery level 3. Has slightly higher saturation than normal bread, also gives you a speed boost and removes poison.
- Milk-infused bread, made from wheat and a milk bucket. Available at Bakery level 4. Removes all potion effects (like milk buckets do).
- Golden bread, made from wheat and a gold ingot. Available at Bakery level 5. Instantly heals 2 hearts.
- Chorus bread, made from wheat and a chorus fruit. Available after completing the Know the End research in the University. Has higher saturation than normal bread and teleports you to the surface after eating it.
When accessing the Bakery’s hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Deliverymen to never visit this hut to pick up items. You can also tell a Deliveryman to do a pickup now using the Request Pickup Now button. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any Racks or chests in the hut, so be sure to check those as well!
This is page two of the Bakery GUI.
- Fuel: Listed here are items that can be used by the Baker as fuel in their furnaces. Simply turn on any that you want your Baker to use, and a Courier will deliver those items to the Baker when they need fuel. (The black box at the top is to search for items.)
This is page three of the Bakery GUI.
- Minimum Stock: Use this button to tell the Bakery to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button. (It can be useful to set a minimum stock of dough, so the Baker can quickly bake items without needing to craft the dough first.)