About the Cowboy’s Hut
The Cowboy’s Hut is where the Cowboy will breed, butcher, and milk (if you have the option enabled) cows for food and leather. You will have to capture and bring in two cows to the Cowboy’s Hut, as the Cowboy will not catch and bring in any cows.
Note: The Cowboy will only keep alive two cows per hut level, so at level 5 they will have ten cows in their holding pens to breed and butcher. This means they will be faster at producing and collecting meat and leather. So:
|Building Level||Cows Housed|
Cowboy’s Hut GUI
When accessing the Cowboy’s Hut block by right-clicking on it, you will see a GUI with different options:
- Hut Level: Tells you the type of hut and the build level of the building you have selected.
- Worker Assigned: Tells you the worker assigned to the this building and their worker level. The worker levels up in time by working. The higher their level, the faster and more efficient they will be.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the [Town Hall](../../source/buildings/townhall) block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, reposition, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the [Builder](../../source/workers/builder) page.
- Delivery Priority: You can set the priority that a [deliveryman](../../source/workers/deliveryman) will visit this hut (ten is the highest, one is the lowest). You can also set whether it is automatic, meaning it changes automatically; static, meaning it stays to what you set it no matter what; or never, meaning the deliveryman will never visit this hut. (If you choose the last option, you can't set the priority.)
- List of Recipes and Teach Recipe: When clicking the list of recipes button, you see all the recipes you have taught this hut and can remove them. When clicking teach recipe, it opens a 3x3 crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block's storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any [racks](../../source/decoblocks/rack) or chests in the hut, so be sure to check those as well!
This is page two of the GUI. It shows one
- Collecting Milk: On by default. In this mode you provide the Cowboy with as many empty buckets as you like and in return he will milk the cows and give you back buckets of milk (along with the meat and leather). You can click the button to turn off this mode, and the Cowboy will only breed and butcher the cows, not milk them.