The building tool is THE most important tool you will need for the entire mod! With the building tool, you can place all the buildings, worker huts, and even even any structure scanned by you (see Schematics) perfectly. The possibilities are endless! Watch a short video of how it works here:
To place a worker hut or a building from the mod, you first need to have the hut block for the building you want in your inventory. Then, using the building tool, you can right click on the block where you want to place it. The GUI will pop up where you have many options:
Left Drop Down: Here you will see 3 general categories: My Schematics, Decorations and Hut Blocks/Building Blocks.
- My Schematics- In this category you will see all the scans you have made with the scan tool. If you haven’t made any, this category will not show up.
- Decorations- In here are several structures considered decorations that you can use, and any of your own scans in this folder (to organize them as decorations).
- Hut Blocks/Building Blocks- When you have a Hut/Building block in your inventory it will apear in this list for you to place and view.
Middle Drop Down: This is where you will see the different styles (according to what you have chosen in left drop down).
Right Drop Down: Here you will be able to see the individual schematics, depending on what you chose:
- From My Schematics- the name of the schematic (either auto-generated or if you have named it).
- From Decorations- all decorations that are of the specified style previously chosen in the middle drop down.
- From Hut Blocks/Building Blocks- The level of the building (previously chosen in the middle drop down) from level 1 to level 5.
In the middle of the screen are the controls to adjust the structure you are about to place.
- The blue arrows are so you can move the 3D structure you are viewing (front - back - right - left).
- The orange minus and plus signs are to raise or lower the structure.
- The orange curved arrows are to rotate the structure left or right.
- The orange triangles in the middle are to mirror the image (to change right to left and left to right).
- The green check mark is for when you are done and want to commit to placing it.
The red X is to cancel the whole process.
- Note: When in Creative Mode, you will also see in the lower right the Paste options. The one on the left will paste it into the world completely, including all the placeholder blocks. This is useful for designing schematics. The button on the right will paste the structure into the world exactly as if a Builder had built it.
Hint: Once you have the GUI open, you can press the ESC button on your keyboard so that the 3D image will remain. Then, you can move around and take a better look at it from all sides to make sure it's the way you want it! Right-click with the building tool again towards the 3D image (on a block or in the air) to go back to the GUI so you can "nudge" your structure to the place and orientation that you want. You can repeat this process as many times as you want before clicking the green check mark to commit to the placement of the structure.
Now that you have the structure ready to place, click on the green check mark and voilá… it will be sent as a build order to the Builder if it’s a decoration or schematic! But if it’s a hut, you might have to go into the hut block’s GUI and press on the build button to have the build order sent to the Builder.
You can check in the Town Hall GUI under the Work Orders tab to see the queue of all build requests you have for the Builder.